Peking University is a famous university in China. The university provides many opportunities and scholarships to national and international students all around the world.
The University is proud of its outstanding faculty and management, including 9 members of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, 48 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and 21 members of the Third World Academy of Sciences.
University – History
Peking University is a public university which is located in Haidian District, Beijing, China. The university was established in 1898 and also the First National University in Chinese Modern History.
It also served as the highest administration for education in china with proper responsibility at the beginning of its founding. In 1912, the university adopted its present name as “Peking University”.
~Check Now: Sapienza University of Rome | Complete Application Process | 2022-2023
University – Ranking
Peking University is also ranked university in China.
- According to, US News Report on the World Best Global Universities Rankings, Peking University is ranked the world’s 51st.
- And according to, QS Global Universities ranking report ranked 23rd globally.
- In Regional Asia, ranked 5th according to US News Report.
University – Courses & Programs
The Peking University consist of five faculties – Information & Engineering, Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences, and Medicine. It has 53 colleges and departments and offers 120+ Undergraduates degree programs, 242+ graduate programs and 212+ doctoral degree programs.
The university’s library is the largest university library in Asia, with a collection of 90,000+ million books and also Chinese and foreign journals and newspapers.
Departments and Field of Study:
The Peking University provides many fields of study or departments for National and international students, some of them are given below:
- School of Information Science and Technology
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Physics
- School of Earth and Space Sciences
- Institute of International Relations
- Law school
- Department of Information Management
- Foreign Language School
- School of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering
- College of Life Sciences
- School of City and Environment
- Art academy
- School of Medical Humanities
- School of Medical Continuing Education
- School of Chinese as a Foreign Language
- Basic Medical School
- College of Pharmacy
- School of Public Health
- School of Nursing
- Department of Chinese Language and Literature
- Department of History
- School of Archaeology, Culture and Museum
- Department of Philosophy (Department of Religious Studies)
- Department of Sociology
- School of Government Management
- Academy of Marxism
- College of Education
- Engineering College
- Wang Xuan Computer Research Institute
- School of Software and Microelectronics
- Environmental Science and Engineering
For more details check out the official website of the University by clicking Here.
The Tuition Fees structure and other funding costs of Peking University are different for each program.
- For Bachelors Degree Program the annual tuition fee is 26,000 RMB approximately.
- For Masters Degree Program the annual tuition fee is 29,000 RMB.
- For PhD Degree Program the annual tuition fee is 32,000 RMB.
For other fees may vary for each program. So you should visit the official website of the university.
~check Now: University of New South Wales | How to Apply, Fees, Courses, Criteria | 2022-2023
Costs of Living
Living costs are depending on the type of accommodation whether you are living.
The approximately annual cost of living is
- 45,000 RMB
For More details, you can check out the official website.
Benefits and Facilities
The Peking University offers many Services and Facilities to the International Students such as
- Book Readers in the main library (Users can read classical masterpieces)
- Self-Study Spaces (more than 4000 seats in the library for users)
- Copy Room (room 118) on the first floor of the west building which including high-quality copying.
- Water Dispenser
- And also digital services.
Peking University Scholarship (PKUS)
PKU Scholarship for International Students is offered by Peking University to those who pursue a degree at PKU.
Eligibility and Criteria of Scholarship:
- The candidate must be non-Chinese citizens of sound health.
- Already admitted as an undergraduate or graduate student at PKU.
- Receiving no other scholarship funds.
Duration of Scholarship:
- Undergraduate students: 4-5 years.
- Master students: 2-3 years.
- PhD candidate: 4 years.
- Master to PhD candidates: 4-5 years.
Value of Scholarship:
- Partial scholarships cover the tuition fee.
- Full scholarship cover tuition fee, a living stipend and medical insurance.
Apply to Scholarship:
- In late May, Please refer to the latest notice on the website.
The eligibility criteria may vary on each program at Peking University.
- Average Academic Score: GPA – 2.5, IB – 27, Percentage – 60.
- Entrance Scores: IELTS – 6.5, TOEFL – 92, SAT – 1400, ACT – 30.
~Check Now: Xi’an Jiaotong University | Fees, Criteria, Courses, Application Process | 2022-2023
For Apply Application Documents – Requirements
There are following application documents are required for the application to Peking University that depends on the degree program such:
For Bachelors Degree Program:
- Online Application
- Application fee 400RMB
- Official Transcripts
- Senior High School graduation diploma and certificates.
For Masters Degree Program:
- Online Application
- Bachelor Degree
- Scores from either the GRE or GMAT exam
- Minimum 3 years full-time work experience.
For Doctoral Degree Program:
- Online Application
- Official transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Graduation Certificate and degree diploma
Other documents/requirements may vary for each program. So visit the official website of the university.
The deadlines of Peking University different from other universities. There are two sessions for admission such as:
- Fall Semester Admission: application starts on March 1st and ends on April 30th.
- Spring Semester Admission: application starts on November 1st and ends on November 30th.
How to Apply – Step by Step Complete Process
The Application Process of Peking University is online. So, you need to submit your application online. Now we are providing you step by step process for applications which are given below:
~check now: University of Trento | How to Apply, Fees, Courses, Criteria | 2022-2023
Steps For Apply:
Step – 1, Online Registration: register your details at Here!
Step – 2, Fill all the requirements and details correctly in the application form and then submit ( Print a hard copy for reference)
Step – 3, Application for Chinese language studies should choose (school of Chinese as a second language) and for other should choose (Other Departments/Schools) when filling the form.
Step – 4, Submit Application Material: After completing the PKU application form for international students online please print and attach a passport style-size photograph. Certification of highest degree attained or certificate of enrollment at university and official academic transcript. Letter of Motivation/study plan, in Chinese/English language, 500-1000 words. Certificate of Chinese proficiency level (If appropriate), one photocopy of your valid passport ID page.
Step – 5, Please mail all the paper application documents to PKU international students division before the deadlines. (documents will not be returned)
For more details check out the info page of the university by clicking Here.
For further visit the official website of Peking University: