Hi, Students! The Scholarship Friend team brings you another complete overview of a university in Italy. This article aims to provide complete and authentic information about the University of Genoa; its Overview, History, Departments & Courses, Fees & Living Costs and How to Apply process with step by step procedure.
International students are increasingly interested in applying to Italian Universities these days because Italian universities offer many opportunities and scholarships to international students with reasonable fees for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD (Doctoral) programs. Look for related posts so you can check these out too.
University – History
Italy is famous and known for being the oldest university in the world and one of the oldest universities is Genoa university. Located in Genoa, Italy, the University of Genoa (uniGe) was originally founded in 1481 as the College of Theology and Medicine.
- Official Address: Mura del Molo, 65, 16128 Genova GE, Italy
- Contact/Phone: +39 010 20991
- Total enrollment: 31,277 (2016)
- Rector: Paolo Comanducci
- Founded: 1481
- Province: Metropolitan City of Genoa
University – Ranking
- According to US News Report’s ranking of the best global universities, uniGe is ranked 278th.
- According to GTU Rank, uniGe ranks 374th.
- uniGe is ranked 119th in the US News Ranking for Regional Europe.
- US News Report ranks uniGe 16th in Regional Italy.
University – Departments & Programs
There are many degree programs and departments offered by the University of Genoa which are here below:
- Political Sciences
- Mathematics, Physics and Natural Sciences
- Languages and Literature
- Humanities and Philosophy
- Educational Sciences
- Architecture and Design
- Educational Sciences
For further details, you can visit the university’s website by clicking the link: Courses & Programs
In addition to the different tuition fees for EU and non-EU students, the University of Genoa has a different fee structures for each degree program such as;
- Bachelor Degree Program: 2 to 3 thousand USD/year
- Master Degree Program: 1.5 to 2.5 thousand USD/year
Benefits & Facilities
Many facilities and benefits for international students are provided by the Genoa University, including:
- Information Technology and Computing Services
- And many more
Costs of Living
Accommodation and living costs at the University of Genoa vary based on the type of accommodation. The average annual living cost is about EUR 7,500.
Scholarship – for Foreign Students
Here you will find information about scholarships, awards, and other incentives available to foreign students enrolling at the University of Genoa.
1. ALiSEO scholarships
The ALiSEO Scholarship is available to foreign students only, which will allow you to make the most of your university experience.
2. Erasmus Mundus scholarships
By winning an Erasmus Mundus scholarship you can attend one of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMDs) in which the University of Genoa takes part.
3. UniGe incentives
The University may grant partial or total exemptions from tuition fees based on certain criteria.
For more information and guidance, visit the link by clicking here: Scholarships
How to Apply – Step by Step Complete Process
University of Genoa application process is online, so you must submit your application online. Below, we provide you with a complete process for how to apply for admissions at uniGe:
There are the following eligibility criteria for uniGe.
Average Academic Score
- GPA – 2, IB – 24, Percentage – 55
Average Entrance Score
- IELTS – 5.5, TOEFL – 80
Required Application Documents
For Bachelor & Master:
- Online application/Application form
- The original or certified copy of the diploma legalized by the Embassy or Consulate
- and translated into Italian by the Embassy or Consulate
- Diploma valuation certificate from Embassy or Consulate
- A certificate attesting the successful completion of the admission test
- for Italian language proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Official transcripts
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Passport Copy
Steps For Apply:
- To complete your personal and professional training, the University of Genoa offers courses of study at various levels and in 11 different areas.
- To continue your education, you must first choose the degree program you wish to pursue. After selecting the degree program, you must apply to that specific degree program.
- Complete all the required documents for the admission application process.
- Submit all documents and information to the admission portal before the deadline, and pay the application fee required by the university. When the university has checked your documents, it will contact you and explain the next step. Make sure to check your email daily.
- If you want to check the complete information of enrollment for the International Students, click the link here: Info
- And also you can check out the relevant FAQs, EU or Non-EU students’ residence abroad, and Equivalence.
For more details contact the Genoa University
International Students Office
- Settore accoglienza studenti stranieri SASS
- Piazza della Nunziata 6
- 16124 Genova GE
- +39 010 209 51525
I wish you the best of luck with your future! Make sure to be proud of yourself as well as for your family and tribe, so stay in touch with Scholarship Friend.
For more details, visit the official website of the Genoa University
Some Related Posts:
- Check Now: International School for Advanced Studies – Admission Application Process – 2022/2023
- Check Now: Guangxi University – How to Apply, Fees, Criteria, Scholarships in 2022-2023
- Check Now: University of Pavia Admission Application Process in 2022-2023
- Check Now: University of Rome Tor Vergata – Admission Application Process – 2022-2023
Follow Us on Facebook, Instagram and Join WhatsApp Group.