Italy is famous for its oldest universities. The University of Trento is one of the old and ranked Italian University, which provides many opportunities and also scholarships to International Students all around the world.
Overview of Padua University
University – History
The University of Trento is a famous Italian university that is situated in Trento, Italy. It was officially established in 1962 as a Higher University Institute for Social Development and Sciences. The Universities have a great impact on the City’s environment and social development, it was seen as a motivating force for cultural openness and the creation of a new leading class.
~Check Now: University of Padua | How to Apply, Fees, Courses, Criteria | 2022-2023
University – Ranking
The University of Trento is also oldest Italian university and ranking is fairly higher than other Italian University. In 2020:
- According to, US News & World Report on the World Best Global Universities Rankings, Trento University is ranked World’s 224th and 108th in Europe.
- And according to, QS Global Universities ranking report, Trento University is ranked 403rd globally.
- In Regional Italy, Trento University ranked is 12th according to US News Report.
University – Courses & Programs
The University of Trento provides 7 faculties, 51 programmes, numerous professional courses, and there are 2 higher education schools, 14 research departments, and 20 doctoral schools.
The University offers a wide range of degree programs in Cultural heritage, Business administration and Law, Economy and Management, Philosophy, Physics, Business Management, Computer Technology, Civil Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Communication Technology, Modern Languages, Mathematics, Social Services, Sociology, International Studies and many more.
The Trento University also offers many master’s degree programs in Art, Artificial Intelligence system, Behavioral and Applied Economics, Cellular and Molecular Biotechnology, Data Science, Business Economics and Law, Environmental Meteorology, Philosophy and Literary Criticism, Physics, Civil Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Musicology, Psychology, and Sociology.
~Check Now: Study Without IELTS In Italy | Step by Step Complete Process | 2022-2023
Tuition Fees Structure and Cost
The Tuition Fees structure and other funding costs of the University of Trento are different for each program.
The amount of tuition fees is related to the application score obtained during the selection, as
- Application score between 90 and 100, exemption from paying tuition fees.
- Application score between 70 and 89.9 – € 1,000
- Application score between 60 and 69.9 – € 2,000
- Application score between 50 and 59.9 – € 4,500
Costs of Living
Living costs are depending on the type of accommodation whether you are living in a single room or sharing with roommates, so Check here some approximates which are given below:
- Students eligible for the Trento University Scholarship and fee-waived students – for single room: €220 & double room: €180
- All other students including PhD – for single room: €330 & double room €270
- For Private Accommodation – double bedroom in a private house: from €250 to €350/month.
Benefits and Facilities
The University of Trento offers a wide array of Services and Facilities to the Students such as
- Accident and third-party liability policy insurance
- Bus and Train travel card for student facility on a monthly/yearly basis.
- Borrow a Bike service for students who live in the student’s hall.
- Social and Cultural events for students refreshment.
- Health Insurance and many more!
Eligible Criteria and Requirements
If you meet the Eligibility Criteria and Requirements, you will be automatically included in the Selection Procedure such as
- To be eligible for admission to a Bachelor’s Degree program, you need a minimum 12-year school record.
- To be eligible for admission to a Master’s Degree Program, you must need a Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Foreign qualification with specific curricular requirements.
- For eligibility, you need to show proof of English Language Proficiency Certificate.
- For possession of a Doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- And further details are mentioned on the official website of the university.
Departments and Field of Study
The University of Trento provides many fields of study or departments for National and international students, some of them are given below:
- Department of Economy and Management
- Department of Cellular, Computational and Integrated Biology
- Department of Faculty of Law
- Department of Physics
- Department of Information Engineering and Science
- Department of Civil, Environmental Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Maths
- Department of Philosophy and Letters
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Psychology and Cognitive Sciences
- Department of Sociology and Social Research
- Department of Center of Agriculture and Food
- Department of Center for Mind/Brain Sciences
- Department of Interdepartmental Center in Medical Sciences
- Department of School of International Studies
For more details, you must check the official Courses page of the website by clicking here!
The deadlines for applications to the University of Trento, Italy for degree programs vary for each program, such as
- The Deadline for Bachelor’s Degree Programs is June 30, 2021
- The Deadline for Master’s Degree Programs is June 30, 2021
For further details please visit the official website of the university.
Application Documents – Requirements
There are following application documents are required for the application to the University of Trento that depends on the degree program:
For Bachelors & Masters Degree Program:
- Online Application
- Application Fee ($15)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Official High School Transcript
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS Score if the applicant’s native language is not English.
- English Language Proficiency Certificate if possible
Requirements may vary on each program of the university kindly checkout on the official website of the university.
~Check Now: How to Apply to an International University in Italy | Complete Process | 2022-2023
How to Apply – Step by Step Complete Process
The Application Process of the University of Trento is online. So, you need to apply online. Now we are providing you complete step by step process for applications which are given below:
Steps For Apply:
- first Call: December 18th, 2020 to March 5th, 2021 at 12.00 (Italian time)
- 2nd Call: April 12th, 2021 to June 30th, 2021 at 12.00 (Italian time)
- Read Carefully and download the Call of Admission 2021-2022: Italian Version and English Version
- Check and complete all the application’s requirements.
- Submit the Online Application
- Pay the application fee ($15) by credit card after applying (information in the confirmation email).
- For more in check out the University of Trento official website: